Search This Blog

Thursday 21 April 2016

Anxiety

Image courtesy of Pixabay

http://wp.me/s4Aixj-anxiety


Holy Spirit?  
I am always here listening for your cry of woe, or hope, or fear, or interest. How I long for you to want me more: more nearly, more dearly, more often. I want to be wanted just for the sake of being wanted. Sometimes my people come to me just to be in my presence and share love songs. It is such a delight when my children come to me just to be with me, with no wants. To seek wisdom is good; I initiate this. To seek to be useful in my kingdom is likewise a good thing; the fruits of my spirit last to the ends of eternity. To seek to know me intimately — to become one with me in all ways — there is no desire more worthy of honour than this. You are my child, my bride. To be one with me is to reach the conclusion of your journey. For this purpose I have created and borne with long suffering the idiosyncrasies and sufferings of man, that we might be made one.
Bask in my presence. Allow me to be your protector, provider, defender. Is this not who a husband is? Does not a father care for his child with a fierce love, and tender? Oh how I long for you to enjoy my presence in you. I want you to know that in me you are safe, and to have you curl up into me as a small child curls up into a warm space. Rest, my beloved. Rest in the warmth of my love which is for you.  
Father, I picked at my lip the entire time you have been speaking to me. Why?
You have not yet become willing to believe that it is safe for you to be beautiful in my presence. You have not yet pressed in to believe by knowing that your safety depends on me. What you know in your mind has not yet been pressed into the fabric of your body-being. You are not fully aware of the warm security of my cuddle. If you go into hell, I’ll be there. When you pick, when you fall asleep repeatedly, when you daydream and become unaware, you are escaping your reality. When you hold yourself still and find it difficult to hear or swoon in dizziness, you are retreating from what you think is a life that is too hard to bear. 
 Have not I asked to bear your burdens? Do I leave you alone? Think back. Has there ever been a situation I did not carry you through: loss of friends, assaults of various kinds, attempts by death to take you from the earth before your time? Persecution is never pleasant. I sweat drops of blood before the cross. I have wept tears of grief at the atrocities of my people and wished that I had not created mankind in My image and allowed them to fall. I cannot promise that mankind will not hurt you again and again. What I can promise is to be in you to bear those burdens with you if you are open to having me there. I promise to open my arm to create a warm, safe place for you to rest in. It is not your body that is in need, it is your spirit-mind and soul. I am here. I Am.

I will fear no harm, for thou oh God, art with me.
Free your mind from the past. It is a lie of Satan that those things can still hurt you. Be still and know that I am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment